The following resources may be helpful to our neighbors, whenever temporary needs arise. This list is by no means exhaustive, and it is recommended that one also refer to the “Red Pages” of the telephone book, for additional Human Resources.
Local Government Link to local government offices here
Sussex County Office on Aging: 973-579-0555
This is a great resource, and a great “first call” to make when you are in need of assistance, but you are not sure of where to go or who to call.
• Sussex County Transit: 973-579-0480
For reservations (24 hour notice required): 973-579-0483
• Sussex County Assisted Transit: 973-383-3123 (Medical Need)
Food Pantries: Please call for individual hours
• Manna House Community Kitchen: 973-579-6517
• Presbyterian Church, Newton: 973-579-6517
• Harvest Home Foods, 238 Route 296, Suite A, Branchville:
• Meals on Wheels, Sussex County 973-383-3123